Determination of the effects of culture temperature on growth, survival and biochemical composition of largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides)
To evaluate the effect of culture temperature on growth, survival, and body composition of largemouth bass.
Energy efficient and sustainable aquaculture water treatment Using microbial fuel cells and membrane-supported biofilms
Evaluation of Yellow Perch, Perca flavescens, Production Methods in Polyculture and Seasonal Rotation with Freshwater Prawns
- Evaluate the polyculture of yellow perch in cages with freshwater prawns in ponds.
- Evaluate the effect of culture temperature on growth and survival of yellow perch.
The goal of this research is to purify and identify cell growth-promoting activity found in fish embryo extract.
The objectives of this project are to:
- Develop a growth curve for yellow perch fed purified and practical diets.
- Evaluate the effects of dietary lipids on growth, feed efficiency, and nutritional composition of fillets.
- Provide an indication of the essential fatty acid needs of yellow perch.
The objective of this project is to establish the current marketing status and potential for yellow perch products with wholesale and retail businesses in the seafood marketing channels in the North Central Region of the United States.
New Approach in Replacing Live Food – Meeting Largemouth Bass Larvae Growth Requirements using Asian Carp Muscle as an Initial Protein Source
The objectives of this project are:
- To develop optimal in vitro methodology for Asian carp muscle hydrolysis using largemouth bass (LMB) endogenous digestive enzymes obtained from adult LMB.
- To evaluate the effect of Asian carp muscle protein hydrolysates obtained using methodology in Objective 1 as a first feed for larval LMB.
- Aquaculture funding opportunities available
- IISG expands funding on ‘Persistent Organic Pollutants on Microplastics’ research
- IISG will fund Lake Michigan research: Submit your preproposal
- Sea Grant quagga mussel research leads to NSF funding
- Funding available for projects addressing key Great Lakes issues