File Size: 3.77 MB
This fact sheet is a consumer guide to farmed walleye. The publication describes walleye, walleye farming, product safety, and culinary characteristics of walleye in addition to cooking tips and a recipe.
- Summerfelt, R.C., Kinnunen, R.E., Johnson, J.A., 2019. Production of Walleye as Potential Food Fish. North Central Regional Aquaculture Center Technical Bulletin #116, NCRAC Publications Office, Iowa State University, Ames. https://www.ncrac.org/files/biblio/WFS116secure.pdf
- Summerfelt, R.C., ed. 1996. Walleye culture manual. NCRAC Culture Series #101, NCRAC Publications Office, Iowa State University, Ames, Page 5. https://www.ncrac.org/files/page/files/Chapter1.pdf
- Williams, M.C.W., Murphy, E.W., McCarty H.B., Snyder, B.D. Schrank, C.S., McCann, P.J. Crimmins, B.S. 2017. Variation in the essential fatty acids EPA and DHA in fillets of fish from Great Lakes region. Journal of Great Lakes Research, 43, Pages 150–160. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jglr.2017.03.001
File Size: 616.78 KB
The Lake Guardian is an EPA research vessel that sails the Great Lakes. This brochure provides stats on the ship, explains the variety of research that happens aboard, and highlights the equipment that scientists use to test these waters.
A printer-friendly version of this document is available at https://iiseagrant.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Lake-Guardian-US-Letter-Size-Print.pdf.
File Size: 1.69 MB
This guide features a plant plan that creates year-round interest for people and extends the foraging season for pollinators.
A screen-reader friendly version is available at https://iiseagrant.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Accessible-Full-Sun-Pollinator-Garden-Brochure.pdf.
File Size: 1.84 MB
This brochure is a guide to the characteristics and benefits of selected Illinois plants to help home gardeners choose native plants appropriate for site-specific conditions.
A screen reader friendly version is available at: https://iiseagrant.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Accessible-Illinois-Native-Plants-for-the-Home-Landscape-Brochure.pdf.
File Size: 1.44 MB
This guide provides a suggested rain garden planting plan.
A screen reader friendly version is available at https://iiseagrant.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Accessible-Full-Sun-Rain-Garden-Brochure-002.pdf.
- IISG and Purdue publication series addresses effects of climate change in Indiana
- Freedom Seekers curriculum connects students to the Underground Railroad, Great Lakes and science
- Lake levels workshops highlight the need for information sharing
- Eat Midwest Fish website launches fresh fish finder
- New podcast series discusses the science of ponds